Sunday, July 29, 2007

Feeling young

Oh, what I wouldn't give to feel young again. Just to have energy to run around like my sons do. I've been looking into some ways to do it: proper exercise, changes in diet, hormone treatments like the one in Palm Springs with Edmund Chein (I ran across on old issue of my husband's Esquire and read an interesting article about it...unfortunately it's not exactly in my neck of the woods.) I don't really want to go around eating seaweed, either. What's an (old) girl to do?

One thing that always makes me feel young is giving my parents a call. They still treat me like a little kid, which I at times appreciate, and at other times that long-gone adolescent inside of me rears up and rebels like they've just told me they're taking away my phone privileges. What is it about parents that always makes me feel so....youthfully impatient?

Maybe I should be grateful for my years and not try to hide from them behind a hydrating mask and botox...then again, maybe not.

No comments: